Sunday 25 January 2009

Goodness! Micro-fudge!

Goodness me, I'm giving up foruming for a while! Whatever next!

This is the story. I made some micro-popcorn and when I opened the bag I was immensly pleased to find that inside the paper was this lovely caramel coating from where the sugar had melted and stuck on, genius that I am, my next thought was toffee, in the microwave!

Not quite bold enough to just put some sugar in there for fear it might just explode, I mixed it with a little water and stuck it in. After 3 minutes out came a spitting bubbling white liquid, sugar definitely disolved but not toffee like...hmm...so plan B, in went some semi skimmed milk and a good knob of flora light...how terribly exciting! it came out of the microwave yellow, thick and foamy! I grated in some lemon zest in the vague hope that if it turns into fudge, it will taste nice.

The question of the day is, will melting sugar, flora light and milk together in the microwave make fudge? Now that I've given up forums, I'm becoming so much more productive already...

1 comment: